|Course Title||: Child Developent|
Aims of the course
- To promote an understanding of the social, emotional, physical and intellectual development of the child up to 5 years of age.
- To develop knowledge and understanding of skills required for child development.
- To examine issues that affects the quality of human life including an appreciation of diversity.
What will I study? – Course Outline
- Family and child
- Food and health
- Physical Development
- Intellectual Development
- Social and Emotional Development
How will I learn? What skills will I acquire?
Pupils learn by:
- Observing a child following set criteria for gathering information.
- Being responsible for the interactive baby.
- Watching and discussing topical programmes related to all aspects of the subject.
- Role play/discussion
Pupils acquire skills in:
- Problem solving
- Information and Communication technology
- Working with Others
- Improving Own learning and Performance
How will I be assessed?
- Unit 1 – Written Paper (40%)
- Unit 2 – Child Study (30%)
- Unit 3 – Child Focused Task (30%)
Progression following this course. What’s next?
- AS/A2 Health and social care
- AS/A Psychology/Sociology
- BTEC Caring
Future career opportunities
- Nursery nurse
- Playgroup leader
- Learning Support Assistant
- Paediatric Nurse